What's new

Denon2802/Parasound855 troubles? Please Help (1 Viewer)

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
I checked out Ubid, and they have the Parasound. Current minimum bid is $309. Does anyone know if Parasound honors the warranty if purchased from Ubid? Also, the shipping seems a bit steep. $9.99 plus 99 cents per pound. The 855 weighs 42 pounds, thats $52 dollars for shipping. Does that sound about right?

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator
UBID is a authorized parasound distributor and offers the warranty. That is where I picked up my 855 for 309. I also thought the shipping was VERY steep, but in the long run you still save quite a bit.

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
I'm with Joel. Even with the Ubid S/H you still can't beat this deal. Originally $1000, lowered to $700 and now going at outrageous closeout pricies. My bid was $309 as well. A lucky few are getting them for $289 but they usually bid very early to get on record and/or they bid multiple quantities.

Bill Polley

Second Unit
I may very well be wrong, but Parasound used to honor internet and catalog sales by authorized dealers with a 1 yr warranty and buying from a local authorized dealer got you the 10 yr warranty. I paid $450 (I think) from my local dealer to the west with the 10 yr warranty. The local dealer to the east the same distance (40 miles) wouldn't go below $650. I found them at different places on the net for $100 less, but with a 1 year warranty. Check first and be sure!

James Tg

Stunt Coordinator
5 years labor, and 10 years parts of Parasound products from Ubid. You can call Parasound to verify this info. I already called them.

James

Chris Demaree

Stunt Coordinator
I am VERY happy with my Parasound 855. I have it wedged into a cabinet, open front to back, but very little room on the sides and only 4 inches of space above it. After 4 hours of movies is is very warm to the touch, but not 'HOT'.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Is this unit discontinued? There reason I ask is that, I told my wife that I wanted to buy the amp and asked if it was OK (no laughing please :) - we always check with each other whenever either of us wants to buy anything). She didn't think it was a good right now being that we just spent a s**tload of money. Anyway, what I'm wondering is, if it is discontinued, will I be able to find it at such a great price (or at all) 3 months from now?

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator
They are clearing these out due to Parasounds new line-up of amps. I couldn't tell you down the road but $309 for this amp right now is a steal. Sometimes bad things happen when you wait around too long. :)

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Exactly what I was thinking. Now to convince my wife.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
By the way, can you run one of these on a normal 15amp circuit or does it need 20(or higher) amps and/or its own circuit?

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Well, I bought one from Ubid. :D Should be receiving it today or tomorrow. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
I wouldn't say the HCA-855A needs its own circuit. I've run mine on a 20-amp circuit with the rest of my equipment, with no problems.

That said, I've never tried it on a 15-amp circuit.

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
Well I also ordered the 1205A today, can't wait to hear it with my 3802 and veritas.:D :D
Now how do I break this news to the wife?:frowning:
O well, guess I 'll be sleeping on the couch for the weekend. BUT wait, then I'll get to spent the weekend with my amp.:D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks