What's new

Denon x Yamaha (1 Viewer)

Ivan Milazzotti

Auditioning
I'm Brazilian, so i beg your pardon about my english !!
I'll like to know which is the better receiver. The Denon AVR.... or Yamaha RV.... and why ?!?!?!
Thank's

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Really depends on the model, but I would choose Denon between those two...though I have Marantz at home right now... Can't really go wrong with any of them.
------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Link Removed (sorry, car guy)
[Edited last by John Garcia on August 15, 2001 at 01:22 PM]

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Ivan: I don't think anyone can say one IS better than the other. It's a matter of deciding what's important for you and your system. I have owned both brands over the years and have been very happy with both. At this moment, I'm using a Denon AVR-3802 as a pre-amp into a 5 channel amp. At this point in time, the Denon offers more of what I'm looking for. (At this point, those features are Dolby Pro Logic II, Denon's Mono Movie mode (which I prefer to Yamaha's) and Denon's setup and adjustments menus (which have seemed easier to use than my earlier Yamahas.))
My best advice is check the units you're interested in at a store if at all possible. Try to get a feel for how they operate, the features they offer, the look, feel and operation of the remote, and finally, how they sound (especially with speakers the same or nearly the same as yours.)
If you have questions that your dealer can't answer, or you want to verify some things he claims, the forum here will be a good resource for you. But I can't emphasize enough that demoing your choices will help you make the best choice for yourself.
------------------

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
I really like Yamaha...they are consistently at the top in terms of reliability (hands down well above Denon in this area...no offense intended to denon owners) and build quality.
There is no such thing as "better"...you must try to listen to both with your speakers and determine which sounds best to you. For instance, I found the yamaha dspA1 to be much clearer, crisper, and more natural than the denon 5600 (which seemed almost muted or congested in comparison), so with my Def Techs the Yamaha was a better match...hopefully you will be able to find a good match with your speakers. Good luck!

Francois L

Stunt Coordinator
If you want to listen only to movies, go with the Yamaha. But if you also listen to a lot of music, then go with the Denon. It is more musical and revealing than the Yamaha. Don't have all the DSP to mess up sountracks and music too. But it's true, the Yamahas are more reliable.
------------------
"My god, it`s full of stars!"

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Count me as another satisfied Yamaha customer. If you listen to FM radio, the Yamaha has a very good FM tuner. I can't compare the two, because I have never owned Denon. The main reason I chose Yamaha over Denon is that I do not like the Denon dealer locally.
You won't go wrong with either choice. Choose the one that sounds the best to you and if there is no difference, choose the one that has the features you like the best. Good luck and happy shopping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks