What's new

Denon Warrenty (1 Viewer)

Lewis

Agent
I read the Denon Warrenty information on their web site and see which dealers can sell over the web but I still have a question. If I buy a receiver from an authorized B+M store and have them ship it to me, does that make the warrenty no good?

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
You can buy from any real Denon dealer. I bought mine from 6th ave, but you can buy from a B&M and have them ship it to you. They can't say you did not get it from a dealer, plus the dealer will take care of you on those issues. You do not need to worry about how far the B&M is away. I can buy from any circuit city and take it back anywhere. Also Sears, Costco, Sams, Walmart, Best buy etc.
Hey, walk out your back door and look to the left. See that 6th ave sign!!!! Go over and knock on zeee door and ask for Phil. Steave joined the AF and is defending his country. So no more Steave.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Earl:
Do you know the best price on the Denon DVD-1600 you've seen from an authorized dealer? I know J&R would have the best authorized prices, but sadly won't ship (I'm told) Denon products through the mail.:frowning:
Reg

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Ask for Phil at 6th ave. They are closed on weekends. Mention my name( earlthepearl)and they will start swearing and give you a great price. I'm their worst nightmare.

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
I buy from JR also. Great company! I don't think they carry Denon?????????????????????????????? But I could be wrong!

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Lewis,

I called J&R yesterday, and they WILL NOT ship Denon through the mail. They are an authorized Denon dealer, but can only sell them in-store. I will be calling 6th avenue instead per Earl's recommendation.

Reg

greg_t

Screenwriter
Reggie W,

Please post back what you find out about their deals. I am looking at the Denon 2802 reciever but the msrp of $799 is a little too pricey.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Greg,

Also keep in mind that what has been reported from the HES in New York, the upcoming Denon 1803 will pretty much have the specs of the old 2802 and then some - all for the same msrp (499.00) as the old 1802. If you can hold on until August, you may want to consider this option.

Reggie

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Wow, I did not realize JR sold Denon at their B&M stores. You guys in the NY area need to check it out.

REGGIE!!!! All I could find is a 1800 at ebay for $369. You should be able to beat that price. Isn't the 1800 a more expensive unit????

greg_t

Screenwriter
I'm not sure what to think about the 1803. It will have more features than the 2802 but they are going to drop the msrp $300? Makes me worry about possible quality issues. That price cut has to come from somewhere. I know that the 2802 has everything I am looking for. The 1803 is an unknown right now.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Actually Greg,

I don't think this is a quality issue as much as a marketing one. Onkyo and Yamaha's new line of receivers do both DD/DTS 6.1 formats for the price of the 1802. Denon will simply reflect the current market trend in the 1803 to compete with other companies. We know that technology moves so fast, that prices seem to drop quicker than you can turn your head. Remember a year and a half ago when you couldn't dream of progressive scan for under 700.00 or so? Now you can get one for a fraction of this, and many of the chips are much better now. I think the 1803 will be a steal at 499.00, which makes me only guess what the 2803 will look like!

Reg

Lewis

Agent
My wife a has corporate deal with J+R thru work. I got a price quote on a 3802 and it was a good price. I did not ask him if he would ship or if I would pick it up. I did not buy any unit. Anyone know what the 3803 will have on it?

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Lewis, You are a lucky man! JR and 6th ave out your back door. WOW!!!!!!! There are a few advantages to living near a big city.:D
The 3803 will probably just have the DDEX logo with minor cosmetics. That is the rumor on this forum.;) I love my 3802, but other good units are the 898, 5es, jvc10 in that price range. If the 3802 had a 60htz crossover it would be perfect. 80 htz doesn't get it for large quality speakers and my sub is a little boomy at 80 to 120htz. I cranked down the crossover on the sub to 80 and it helped a great deal. This "leave all the work to the rcvr" doesn't get it my case. And what a difference a quality digital coax makes in the sound. I had an old ratty rca cable hooked up at first. Every time you touched it, it induced a hum loop.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks