What's new

Denon vs Yamaha ?? (1 Viewer)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Go for the Yamaha. Recognized as the best mass market company out there for DSP processing.

Plus, I view their diversity as a company as a benefit when designing audio/home theater components. Who else better to put out an audio component than a company that is also internationally known for their musical instruments *and* their professional audio products?

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
internationally known for their musical instruments *and* their professional audio products?
Thats a good reason to stay away. I f someone out there is looking to buy a piano, they certainly are not saying, "I'd sure like a Yamaha Piano." They are to musical instruments as McDonalds is to food.

Matt Lopp

Agent
Thats a good reason to stay away. I f someone out there is looking to buy a piano, they certainly are not saying, "I'd sure like a Yamaha Piano." They are to musical instruments as McDonalds is to food.
Actually Yamaha produces great quality musical instruments for the price.

For example, the Yamana MOTIF synth has had rave reviews. Many musicians are buying the MOTIF over synths by respected companies like Korg and Roland.

From a personal standpoint, I own a CS1x synth and a Yamaha acoustic guitar. The CS1x had rave reviews when it came out, but now it has fallen by the wayside. On the other hand, I compared the $400 acoustic to guitars priced between $400 and $1,000 at five different stores in three different states and preferred the Yamana.

Point being, Yamaha is hardly comparable to McDonald's.

That being said, in such a big company, different business sectors are usually so separated that high quality in one sector does not necessarily result in high quality in another. The quality of their musical instruments should hardly be used as an indicator of the quality of their other products.

Yogi

Screenwriter
For the sound definetly Denon. As far as reliability goes the 3802 is my first Denon and its been running 2 hrs every day at reference or near reference levels and I have never had a hiccup from this beast. Recently I added a separate amp and things only became better. I am sure it will last many more years before I upgrade. But this time it will be separates:)
I personally dont like Yamaha sound. Its a tad lean and bright for my tastes but someone might feel otherwise. Also it matters what speakers it is mated with so saying one is better than the other cannot be generalized. You have to trust your own ears.
Best of luck.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
When I went to demo the Yamaha and Denon I thought the Yamaha sound was much more dynamic and you could definitely tell the power differences between the two units. The yamaha just cranked it out. Apart from that, the Yamaha with similar power and features is just simply cheaper too.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
I agree with Jeff! Overall it's tough to beat the HTR/RXV line for the Power&Features that they offer. Decide for yourself and audition the Yammi and Denon side-by-side!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks