What's new

Denon vs. Onkyo (1 Viewer)

MichaelDatu

Auditioning
;)Good Day!,
I'm already convinced to buy Denon AVR-1602 as it won the most number of votes vs. Yamaha RX-V420 when I last posted here. But then again, I got curious with Onkyo AV Receiver...so being too carefull when choosing the best AV receiver, I need your help and expertise again for this one.
Now, which of the these models stands to be the best choice?
Denon AVR-1602/682 or Denon AVR-1802/882
Vs.
Onkyo TX-DS494 or Onkyo TX-DS595
Thanks in advance! :D

I have been using an Onkyo 575X for about a year and a half and have never once regretted the purchase. The 595 is an even better receiver (Dolby Pro Lodic II) so you know my vote. Onkyo by all means.

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
i believe cheaphometheater.com has an article comparing those two recievers. if i remember corretly the denon came out on top, but only slightly ahead. i also own a 575x, however, and love it.

also, i think CHT has an article comparing the 494 to the 1602, where the 494 came out on top

Scott Holt

Agent
I owned an Onkyo 919thx for 5 years and loved it. I wanted to upgrade to the new 7.1 and listened to the new onkyo and denon. I listened to many different receivers but went with the denon 4802 just because I like it's options and sound a little better. I'm not saying it sounded better I said I LIKED the sound better if you understand what I mean. You will be happy with either the Denon or Onkyo. They both have great sound. Go with the features you want. BUT LISTEN to them first and make your decision.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Onkyo has a reputation for building solid, high-quality equipment that typically sacrifices a few bells and whistles for added performance.

If your choice has unexpected problems and you end up dealing with the companies directly, I expect you will find Onkyo’s customer service to be better. Denon’s U.S. headquarters has the largest assemblage of apathetic idiots on the East Coast.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks