What's new

Denon vs. Marantz (1 Viewer)

GregoriusM

Second Unit
IMHO, there is definitely a difference in the sound of receivers, amps, etc.

Although this has been discussed ad nauseum on this and other sites, I have yet to hear a receiver or amplifier that does not contribute its own "signature" to the music being played.

Again, IMHO.

... Greg

peter m. wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Greg
i agree, but even ifyou have the opportunity to listen to all of the flagship recievers in the same room at your dealers you will probably like them all. and if you bring each home and use your listening area you will again, probably like them all.

so how do you make your decision?

peter m.

GregoriusM

Second Unit
Sorry, but I've listened to 3 flagship receivers in the same room, through the same speakers (Paradigm Reference 100's, which I quite like), using the same input components (mid/high end), and I can tell the difference in all three.

I listened to regular CD's (mine), DVD-A's, and SACD 2-channel disks of various genres.

The 5803, the top Yamaha (forget the number), and the top Integra (9.2/3 Ultra2 or something like that).

In a blind test, I could point out the difference in the sound.

Oh, and I listened to a lower priced Rotel receiver, which actually had some pretty nice sound as well.

Yes, they all performed amazingly, but so was the price!!! :)

So, if you like all 3, you go by price, features, ease of setup, ease of use, etc.

Frankly, the 5803 did it for me, with the Yamaha second, and the Integra third. Before I went in, I really thought the Integra would beat the Yamaha, but it was farther behind the Yamaha than the Yamaha was behind the 5803.

The Rotel (1065?) was the best, IMHO, for music, but not quite up to it for HT.

BUT, the only way you can REALLY A/B anything is to have all of the components in the room you're going to use them in, which unfortunately is a too rare to be given the chance by your dealer, even spending that kind of money!

Again, IMHO.

... Greg

CurtisC

Second Unit
The 3803 will easily drive the rf7's to 110db's+ cleanly,and its got a great pre/pro,music really sounds great.I use the parasound 1205a for amp only because I got a great deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks