What's new

Denon vs. Integra (1 Viewer)

steve_mr

Grip
Any opinions on Denon AVR-4802R vs. Integra DTR 8.3?

Denon is THX Ultra Certified while Integra is DTR Select - any big difference with this?

Integra does Composite to S-video conversions and converts composite and S-video to component. This a worthwhile feature.

Appreciate all feedback.

Steve

Mark Dickerson

Stunt Coordinator
Steve:

Both are very fine units and I can't fault anything about them, but for that kind of money, you should investigate separates. See the thread started by Alan Pummill entitled "Outlaw 950 pro/pro or new Receiver?" on this forum. The folks on this forum weighed in and convinced Alan to go with the Outlaw 950 rather than a flagship receiver. I have not owned separates myself, but I am looking into it pretty hard. It has been my experience that good separates are just plain better than any receiver, sound-wise. Since you can get the Outlaw separates for $1698, why go with a receiver. Apparently Alan agrees, as he stated tonight that the Outlaw sounds better than his top of the line Pioneer Elite receiver. I'm not looking to complicate your decision, but for price of the receivers you are looking at, you may be more satisfied with the Outlaws.

Just a thought . . .

Ed Werner

Stunt Coordinator
I am an owner of an Integra DTR 8.2. I think the 8.3 is a fine reciever and worthy of a second look. I understand the point of seperates, but since the reciever has 7 preouts you could always add an amp later and have a "seperate" setup if you wish. I am going to do that and bi-amp my mains using the DTR 8.2 to run the highs in my front soundstage which shouldn't stress it in the least. It should sound fantastic. It is an option that you shouldn't overlook. Also, I just can't believe you will get the same quality audio and video processing out of the Outlaw as you would from the DTR 8.3

Integra is awesome stuff IMO and I cannot be more happy with my reciever and the flexibility it gives me in setting up a very nice system.

--Ed

Mark Dickerson

Stunt Coordinator
Steve:

Check out their website (www.outlawaudio.com). They sell everything over the internet only, but you get a trial period to evaluate everything. If it doesn't meet you expectations, you can send it back.

I recently asked Parker Clack, one of this forum's moderators, about the 950 and he could not be more complimentary. seems he owns one himself. The 950 has been getting great reviews in the audio mags, as well. I am waiting for my ship to come in (soon I hope) to order one myself. The Model 7100 amp is new, so I haven't seen any reviews on it yet, but Outlaws earlier amps have all been uniformly praised, so I wouldn't hesitate to order one to try it out.

Good luck.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks