Denon vs Denon

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jared W V, May 19, 2002.

1. Jared W V

Jared W V Auditioning

Is a Denon 5803 worth the extra $1000.00 compared to a 4802 or will the difference in sound quality be maginal?
    Thanks
    Jared [​IMG]

2. Anthony June

Anthony June Agent

Well worth it especially if you are going to add the DVD 9000 to it for the enhanced sound features.

3. Jared W V

Jared W V Auditioning

Thanks for your comments Anthony! But only one person thinks so? I'm planning to connect a DVD player in the under $400 mark. I can't see the point spending more money for a DVD player when new DVD formats keep coming out. So, will I hear $1000 more sound using cheaper DVD player?
    Thanks
    Jared [​IMG]

4. Aslam Imran

Aslam Imran Second Unit

The difference would be marginal if you ask me but a lot of the members here will swear by the $5, 24/192 DACS and dual SHARC processors for out of this world performance...yada..yada. Listen to both and decide for yourself.

BTW are you Subway Jared? Just kidding.

5. Jared W V

Jared W V Auditioning

Dear Aslam,
    Do you think if I was the Subway Jared I would worry about spending the extra $1000 buck? Hell no! Had a great laugh though. How ironic because I ate at Subway today! BTW it was good.
    Thanks for your input!
    Jared [​IMG]

6. chaz fifer

chaz fifer Agent

You should audition both for fair compairison, but in my experience, the sound quality isn't major.

7. Phil Mays

Phil Mays Second Unit

I actually have the same question. I currently have an Onkyo TX-DS 797 purchased in October that replaced my near and dear Integra TX-88. I now am starting to understand, and enjoy, home theatre. As we enjoy music 50% of the time as well as movies (no DVD player yet) I am now toying with the purchase of a Denon 4602 or a Denon 5800. We like our music loud and was wondering if the 4602 with 125wpc at .05%thd will be better than the Onkyo 100wpc at .08% thd. Also what is your opinions of home theatre between the Onkyo and the Denon. I have always heard that the Onkyo is a "fuller" sound than the Denon.

Thanks

8. Aslam Imran

Aslam Imran Second Unit