1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Denon vs Denon

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jared W V, May 19, 2002.

1. Jared W V

Jared W V Auditioning

Is a Denon 5803 worth the extra $1000.00 compared to a 4802 or will the difference in sound quality be maginal?
    Thanks
    Jared [​IMG]

2. Anthony June

Anthony June Agent

Well worth it especially if you are going to add the DVD 9000 to it for the enhanced sound features.

3. Jared W V

Jared W V Auditioning

Thanks for your comments Anthony! But only one person thinks so? I'm planning to connect a DVD player in the under $400 mark. I can't see the point spending more money for a DVD player when new DVD formats keep coming out. So, will I hear $1000 more sound using cheaper DVD player?
    Thanks
    Jared [​IMG]

4. Aslam Imran

Aslam Imran Second Unit

The difference would be marginal if you ask me but a lot of the members here will swear by the $5, 24/192 DACS and dual SHARC processors for out of this world performance...yada..yada. Listen to both and decide for yourself.

BTW are you Subway Jared? Just kidding.

5. Jared W V

Jared W V Auditioning

Dear Aslam,
    Do you think if I was the Subway Jared I would worry about spending the extra $1000 buck? Hell no! Had a great laugh though. How ironic because I ate at Subway today! BTW it was good.
    Thanks for your input!
    Jared [​IMG]

6. chaz fifer

chaz fifer Agent

You should audition both for fair compairison, but in my experience, the sound quality isn't major.

7. Phil Mays

Phil Mays Second Unit

I actually have the same question. I currently have an Onkyo TX-DS 797 purchased in October that replaced my near and dear Integra TX-88. I now am starting to understand, and enjoy, home theatre. As we enjoy music 50% of the time as well as movies (no DVD player yet) I am now toying with the purchase of a Denon 4602 or a Denon 5800. We like our music loud and was wondering if the 4602 with 125wpc at .05%thd will be better than the Onkyo 100wpc at .08% thd. Also what is your opinions of home theatre between the Onkyo and the Denon. I have always heard that the Onkyo is a "fuller" sound than the Denon.

Thanks

8. Aslam Imran

Aslam Imran Second Unit