What's new

denon vs. denon... fight to the purchase! (1 Viewer)

ELSock

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
ok i've narrowed my choice of receivers down to the Denon Avr 3806 and the Denon Avr 2807. I hear mixed about which is better... so which is better... and why?
please help me spend money...

soon to be in HD land
~ELSock~

ps. wheres a good to place to get it online (ie the cheapest)

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Not to send you another forum, but here's an excellent thread: http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/1/246104.html

Personally I would go with the AVR-3806, but there are many very convincing reasons to choose the AVR-2807. Bottom line is they are both excellent choices, with the AVR-2807 offering a number of valuable new features and the AVR-3806 offering better power supply, circuitry, poweramp and DAC's. Read through the thread above and you will have a clearer understanding of the pro's and con's of both models.

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
I am having the same battle inside my mind...Funny. Best price on the 3806 is 822 and change. Go to www.pricegrabber.com and enter denon AVR 3806 and you will get a bunch pop up. They are not refurbs, at least most aren't. I called the cheapest place and they say brand new in box...don't know if that will help. let us know what you decide.

just an FYI, I personally am leaning toward teh 3806, BUT....if the 4306 drops another 400 bucks, then we are gonna have an AVR Denon battle royal.
:D

John-Tompkins

Second Unit
I'll make it simple ..imo get the 2807. Its a generation newer, it has 7.1 LPCM ( why get 5.1 LPCM at this point? ) ..with blu-ray and hd-dvd heating up.
Plus there isnt that much of a difference in the amp section and dacs ! ..you wouldnt even be able to a/b the difference in a blind test ..Very small difference.
If you want a good amp ( and have extremly hard too drive speakers) then add an external amp. The 2807 would be the better pre-amp in this case anyway. Personally Ive had both and would advise getting the 2807. My speakers are Von Scheikerts and the 2807 drives the heck out of them to extreme levels without clipping.

Users who are viewing this thread