Denon remotes suck!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Gerald Wise, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Gerald Wise

Gerald Wise Auditioning

Don't get me wrong I love my 3803, but the remote sucks. If it is not in a line of site of the receiver it doesn't work. Heck my 50 dollar programmable ceiling fan remote works better then the denon. You would think that they would have a better remote. I feel like I have to aim it like a gun at the 3803. Anyone else feel this way?

2. Doug_NHT

Doug_NHT Stunt Coordinator

Have you tried fresh batteries?? The dvd-1600 remote was acting like that but fresh batteries seemed to help some.

3. Gerald Wise

Gerald Wise Auditioning

Yes I have tried fresh batteries. This has to be the worst remote I have ever had in terms of performance.

4. MuneebM

MuneebM Supporting Actor

I agree with the title of your thread: I couldn't stand the cheap remote on the Denon DVD-910, and I even tried my Yamaha's remote to control it and had difficulty. Maybe the IR sensor on most Denon equipment just sucks. Needless to say, I eventually returned the DVD-910, not only because the remote sucked but also because the interface/menus sucked and the PQ was not that impressive compared to my current player.

5. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

The remote on my 3803 works great. As the abtteries get weak the range decreases.

Is there any light shining on the front of the receiver? Sometimes that will prevent the remote sensor from picking up the signal.

6. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

I've never been a fan on Denon remotes. However, pay a quick visit to the Crutchfield site to look at the pictures of the "new" Denon remote that comes with the AVR-3805. [​IMG]

7. Gerald Wise

Gerald Wise Auditioning

Thanks I just looked at thier new remote and it looks nice, but the question is does it work any better? I really don't care what the remote looks like at this point in time, I just want a remote that I don't have to aim like a gun at the reciever. I hate the fact that I have to make sure that it aimed right at the reciever to do anything. Like I said before my hunter ceiling fan remote works better on the bedroom tv then the denon does on its own product.

8. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy

Its an IR remote. What do you expect? Ive just sold my 3803 for a 3805, but I never had problems with my remote. The new one is even better for usabilty. I agree that the remote for the DVD-910 is bad, but Ive never had a problem with Denon remotes otherwise.

9. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Same thing with the 1804. You better be pointing it strait at the receiver or your just wasting your time. Any kind of a angle over 10-15 degrees will negate.

I like every thing else about Denon but the remote/sensor sensitivity is lacking. I'm ashamed of my remote[​IMG]