Denon remote controls?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Cohn, Dec 16, 2001.

1. David Cohn

David Cohn Extra

Just ordered a Denon AVR-2802 receiver but have a question about the useless remote included with this system:

Can one purchase the remote for the 3802? Any ideas where I could find it (online or B&M)?

Tried perusing the Denon website to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

2. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    i'd say just get a Pronto. you can get a refurb TS1000 from J&R for like $125, and that's a killer remote. RS also makes some quality ones.
    its not gonna be easy to get ahold of Denon to buy another remote off them, so i say just grab a Pronto. i personally dont see why they dont invest the time to make decent remotes for the 28xx and 18xx lines...it doesnt make sense to stick a piece of crap in with a great receiver.[​IMG]

3. DerekF

DerekF Stunt Coordinator

I asked the same question, and the answer is yes, for about $175 CAD, you can get the remote for the 3802. I found it at an electronics shop that does warranty work on Denons locally.

I wanted a receiver that came with a decent remote, so I took the Denon back and bought the Yamaha 2200.

Derek

4. Mike_A

Mike_A Stunt Coordinator

get a universal and custom program it. i prefer hard buttoned remotes, so i went with an RCA RCU810. Check out www.hifi-remote.com for all kinds of info on a whole series of remotes that can be hacked to do basically whatever you want.

5. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor