What's new

Denon Releases the 5803! (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Wow!!!

Seems identical to the 5800 power-wise, and connectibility wise. Obviously the S-Vid/Composite conversion is an added convenience, as is the THX-Ultra2 certification. I wonder if the 5803 is identical to the "upgraded" 5800 or if they differ. I'm also curious if they will follow through with the upgrade at some point in the future.

I've just moved into a new house and I haven't had any of my gear hooked up for almost a month....would have been a very convenient time to send it in....

Regardless as to whether or not they follow through with an upgrade, the "skeleton features" of the 5803 are identical to the 5800 so the sound should be very similar. For those that have not purchased their "flagship receiver" at this point, I would wait it out...this looks like the new Pioneer's competition.

Jeremy

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Seems that the upgrade information on the 5800 has also been released by Denon. Check out the Flagship receiver forum for more info. Everything is mentioned that the 5803 has with the exception of video conversion. It's all there:)
Jeremy

Robert Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't seen it yet, but I will tell you this, "I better start saving up for this one!!" It looks like the next line that is coming from Denon is going to be something. I am actually waiting to see what this unit will look like. I knew that Denon was planning something sweet because they kept coming out with number like 3800, 3801, 3802, and so on. The only reason why I know about this receiver is due to the fact that THX website posted that unit as a pending item. I know that this is going to be the one that makes most people wish they had waited on buying this receiver like me. Let me put it to you like this: if I don't get this unit this year, watch out, because baby I'm shooting for the moon next year!!

Geo

Stunt Coordinator
decisions, decisions........

Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX or

Denon AVR-5803

I'm really looking at the 49TX teamed with their new DV-47A universal player. Total price would probably be close to the 5803 alone. Does it get any better than that?

Just read the S&V review on the 49TX. What really pleased me about the review was this comment.

" The VSX-49TX had no problems on the test bench and, indeed, produced one of the best all-channels-driven power measurements I've seen."

geo

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Douglas said this:
... features a 1394 connection to the DVD-9000.
This is incorrect. The connection between the 9000 Digital transport and the 5803 (or an upgraded 5800) is via a proprietary connection called "Denon Link" which is connected with Cat 5 cabling.

Regards,

Randy G

Second Unit
and STILL, the rear channel information in the 7.1 configuration is merely duplicated side channel info...or...mono info split into the back 2 surrounds. Thus, I'd still prefer Lexicon's Logic 7 because it DERIVES separate stereo rear channels. Also, I feel that a better purchase would be the Outlaw 950 plus their 200 watt/7 channel combo...$2700 total.

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Good decision Shane.

The Denon 5803 would be a great start in your route to seperates.

This is the route I took and am very thrilled with the results.

The Denon's allow so much flexability.

Tim Holmes

Grip
None of the threads on this topic seem to have been updated in a while, so I'm choosing this one to ask in.

Does the upgrade for the 5800 add the ability to take inputs on S-Video, composite, etc. and pass them to the component output?

Thanks, and if there's a better thread to post this in, I'd appreciate a pointer...

tim

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
"Does the upgrade for the 5800 add the ability to take inputs on S-Video, composite, etc. and pass them to the component output?"

No, Tim...it does not. The 5800 upgrade will lack the video conversion of the 5803.

Jeremy

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I don't think I could ever spend over $3000 for a receiver unless I was rich and had money to throw away. Just my .02

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks