What's new

denon receiver (1 Viewer)

tom derby

Agent
I've been having trouble with my zone 2 out on my denon 2803. Someone told me that the zone two will only play analog signals. Is this true? If it is, why?

glenn.arsenault

Stunt Coordinator
yes source inputs to zone 2 must be connected using analog connections. The zone 2 input circuitry does not contain D/A Converters in the signal path.

Bobby C

Stunt Coordinator
Forgive me for asking something basic, but by Zone 2 does that mean that the 3803 can output speaker signals to a completely different room/zone? Is it the full 7.1 or is it a 2 channel output?
Thanks,
Bob

It will be 2 channel output but depending on speaker wire setup on the back of your reciever and reciever setup you maybe losing the back two surrounds. I think this is true from what I have been able to read. (Denon manuals are horrible). Anyway I have that same question, but a little more in-depth. Read my post/question. Adam

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Denon manuals are horrible.
__________________________________________________ ______

Isn't that the truth.

Hi Tom,

You might already know this but you can have your Denon hooked up analog and coax at the same time so when you do want to use Zone-2 it will be available.

My 1804 supposedly will do 5.1 while running Zone-2.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
The 2803 and 3803 have 7 amps. You can play a DVD (or any source) in 5.1 in the main room and also play a CD (or any 2 channel anaolg source) to a pair of speakers wired to a different room all from Denon's internal amps. It is also possible if you have an additional amp to play 7.1 in the main room while playing a stereo source in zone 2.

I have the 3803 and use Zone 2 all the time. It is very nice.

tom derby

Agent
Okay maybe thats what i'm doing wrong. I don't remember if i tried to play anything to zone two that i had hooked up using analog connections. I know i've tried my minidisc player but thats hooked up with an optical cable. I thought i've tried to play mp3 files from my home theater PC and that did not work but i'm not sure how i have that hooked up to the receiver. Should I then have the minidisc player connected under two different inputs in the receiver? with two separate connections?

Bobby C

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the response guys! I have an adjecent room - zone 2 would be perfect (with analog connections).
Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks