What's new

Denon receiver or Sunfire TG III w/Sunfire Cinema amp???? (1 Viewer)

Seth V

Stunt Coordinator
Right now I am using a Denon AVR 5800 receiver as a pre/pro, and I have it connected to a Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature series II amp. I have a chance to get a Sunfire Theater Grand III pre/pro. My question is should I continue using my Denon as a pre/pro, or should I go the true separates route with the Theater Grand III? Will there be a noticable improvement in sound quality going with the TG III over the Denon 5800, or would I just be wasting my money?
The speakers that are being used with the Denon 5800/Sunfire Cinema are all Martin Logan except for the center back surrounds which are Paradigm Mini Monitors. If I go with the TG III I'll be using the Sunfire Cinema amp to power the M-L's and a Sonance Sonamp 5150 to power the center rear surrounds and possibly 2 extra Paradigm Mini monitors to assist with side surround duty.
I noticed from the pictures of the TG III that it offers balanced XLR outputs in addition to the standard RCA out's. If I decide to use 4 side surround speakers(2 per side), is it possible to use the left-right surround XLR out's and the left-right surround RCA out's at the same time? Any help would be appreciated.
Seth :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks