What's new

Denon Receiver and Audyssey... Need Some Quick Clarification (1 Viewer)

Dreichler

Auditioning
Real Name
Connor
So just need some quick clarification.

I have a Denon AVR-S730H that I bough open box about 2 years ago. Therefore, it did not come with the Audyssey microphone. I am now looking to pick one up, but do not know what model microphone came with the AVR-S730H.

Does anyone happen to know which one came with it?
Or, is it practical to use a different Audyssey microphone with this receiver?
Is each microphone calibrated for specific receivers?

Thank you.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
So just need some quick clarification.

I have a Denon AVR-S730H that I bough open box about 2 years ago. Therefore, it did not come with the Audyssey microphone. I am now looking to pick one up, but do not know what model microphone came with the AVR-S730H.

Does anyone happen to know which one came with it?
Or, is it practical to use a different Audyssey microphone with this receiver?
Is each microphone calibrated for specific receivers?

Thank you.

I have a Denon AVR-X7200W and the model number on the Audyssey microphone is ACM1HB.

Looks as though each receiver has it's own calibrated microphone. "It is important to use ONLY the microphone that is supplied with the Denon receiver as the calibration curve built into the receiver is specific to that microphone."

Dreichler

Auditioning
Real Name
Connor
I have a Denon AVR-X7200W and the model number on the Audyssey microphone is ACM1HB.

Looks as though each receiver has it's own calibrated microphone. "It is important to use ONLY the microphone that is supplied with the Denon receiver as the calibration curve built into the receiver is specific to that microphone."

Interesting because I was actually just browsing Encompass and found the parts list for the S730H, and the ACM1HB is what is listed under my receiver... Maybe there are several submodels of this microphone depending on the receiver?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I bought a 750 about a year ago.

I have used audyssey in the past but did a manual setup when I bought it last year.

Did the mic setup for audyssey today. I found (as in the past) that the center is always turned down quite a bit. -6 db for the mic run.

I end up using it initially and then Adjust over time.

I was interested in trying it again.

Does anyone feel the same or have a thought on using it for setup?

I’ll watch some more with the new audio setup and see what I will change later.

Im using nht bookshelves in the front. Nht center and the wharfadale surround left and right speakers. My living room is small too. 15’ x 15’. The room isn’t closed off from the dining room and kitchen too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks