What's new

Denon RC-8000 Anyone own? (1 Viewer)

Mike OConnell

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
Larry,

I own a Denon 5800, which comes with the RC 8000. I switched to the Pronto TSU 2000 and now the Home THeater Master MX 500 and have never looked back. Both of them put the RC8000 to shame.

If you want a touchscreen remote - go for the Pronto.

If you want a hard button remote - go for the MX 500 with the IRClone.

Take a look at remotecentral.com. It is probably the best place for reviews and advice on remotes.

If you want any more insights to all three remotes, feel free to e-mail me.

Good Luck,
Mike

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
I agree with Mike 100%.

The Denon remote has nowhere near the kind of support the Pronto has. Nothing even "remotely" close. If touchscreen is what you're after, the Pronto series of remotes is what you should be looking at.

If you are a button person like me, then the Home Theater Master series is the best of the bunch. The MX-500 or the higher memory MX-700 are the ones to look at. I own both the 500 and the 700. I can run everything in my setups and often can do it without looking at the remote. The tactile feel and placement of the buttons really makes it easy...

The issue is whether touchscreen or button-based is the right remote for you and your setup. Sometimes it's not easy to decide which is better. In your case, you appear to be leaning toward a touchscreen (since you asked about the Denon.) But don't forget that when you want to make changes much beyond volume or channels, you must look at a touchscreen every time. This bothers some (like me) and others is does not. I'm not saying which you should go to. Only that you want to determine which remote is best for you before you lay down your hard earned $$$...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks