What's new

Denon, Pioneer Elite, Yamaha (1 Viewer)

BenK

Stunt Coordinator
I read the 2805 will be out in June for $899. Heres some info. I'd have to assume it wont include the mic either like the 3805.

And yes, what interests me most is the Denons auto parametric equalization and that it reportedly mates really well with Klipsch speakers.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

And, you took the time to ensure all settings were the same with the receivers, correct?

A few weeks back, I was in the process of listening to speakers for a purchase that I was going to make. The speakers were driven with an option of two receivers: An Onkyo receiver and a H/K receiver. During the demo, the Onkyo sounded very natural while the H/K sounded real "bright" to me. Having owned a very good H/K receiver up until recently, I realized the settings for the H/K must have been really whacked. However, I didn't walk away from that listening session indicating that the H/K was extremely bright - rather, there was definately a problem with the settings itself.

John Tami

Stunt Coordinator
Ha Ha....seems someones been reading all my VSX-1014K posts here and at AVS. :D

The info on the amp and published weight is a giveaway. It looks like it will a real sweet unit....I'm dieing using my HTB Philips while I wait on the 1014 to come out.

Another plus on the MCCAC.....I read tons of folks having problems with Yammies YPAO....yet I almost never see a complaint on MCCAC. Hmmmm.

And while I could use my Ratshack meter, test tones, etc...what a hassle!!! LOL! Actually I'll be doing that with my 20-29PCi when I get the new receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks