Denon or Pioneer Elite? Opinions!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jesse Sharrow, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

I chose which speakers I want. Infinity Kappa 200's... I know some people arnt infinity fans. But I enjoy these speakers. Well now I am stuck on a reciever.

Do I need a denon 4802R or a Pioneer Elite 47TX. But also which one do you guys like better? I have heard about the clipping problem with the pioneer... but I really want the MCACC. But do I even need such a high end reciever.. or could I go with a 43tx or an avr-982? Because the speakers are only rated at 100 watts max input power. I just would like some opinions. Am I gonna notice a huge quality difference between the two?

2. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

There are alot of great comments about the Pioneer 45tx. I don't think you would need anything higher than that. You could get by with the 43tx but that has the manual EQ I believe and the 45 has auto.
    Are you able to listen to both of the denon/pioneer? If so bring in your favorite cd's/dvd's and give them a listen and then decide for yourself. Personally I don't think you can go wrong with either but I have heard the auto mcacc with the pioneers is great. Just my thoughts..

3. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Second Unit

Wait until the 55txi comes out, that is going to be a sweet receiver. check out the post on this site regarding it or go to pioneer's website.

4. DanielSmi

DanielSmi Second Unit

What clipping problem there is now clipping problem but if you mean shutdown problem well that was solved almost a year ago. All Elite model with a manufacture date of Oct 2002 and later have the problem resolved. Also the 43 and 45 aren't in production anymore because of the new 53 and 55 coming out in a few weeks.

Daniel Smith

5. Kirk S

Kirk S Auditioning

I have a AVR-4802R ($1800 from a local dealer).

This is really a sweet unit. 125w X 7 is more than enough for anybody. Having the Ultra THX is nice, I can really tell the difference in seperation between the channels with the THX post processing on! More inputs than you can shake a stick at.

[​IMG]