What's new

Denon laserdisc player (1 Viewer)

BrianMu

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone tell me anything good or bad about Denon LD players? I found a used electronics shop that just got one in but it was packed away and the owner said in need of minor repair for the drawer mechanism (he offers a return period of a couple weeks so I guess if his repair is faulty, it could be returned). Anyway, I don't yet know what model it is or how much he'll want for it. Are there any Denon players that are considered definitely worth buying or definitely worth avoiding that I should know about? I have become familiar with the Pioneer models to look for but just want to know if I should follow up on this Denon or not.

Thanks,
Brian

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
If you give us the player's model number someone may be able to help. Denon's players used to be based on Panasonic and Pioneer models, so we could probably give you the player's equivalent Panasonic/Pioneer model number.

Adam

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
The Denon LA-3500 that's based on the Panasonic LX-900 is the best player they ever offered. I have one here at the house now for Laser research. I used to have a the LA-3100 which is a Pioneer clone with an optical audio output. It was a pretty averge player. The 3500 is a nice player. The rest are, yawn, average. Best wishes!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks