1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Denon has 3 in/1 out for component video - who else!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Kenneth Harden, Oct 15, 2004.

1. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

Even their cheap new stuff has 3 component video in's - will we see this from other manufacturers in the

2. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

Yeah, I'm advertising!

3. Richard_B

Richard_B Stunt Coordinator

I believe the new Yamaha 2500 has 3 component inputs. Rotel 1056 also has 3.

4. David_Rivshin

David_Rivshin Second Unit

Nothing of use to add directly to the discussion, but kind of a side-comment. The 3->1 component switching seems to be abit too little too late. If it was available for reasonable prices 2 years ago it would have been more useful. Now I'd be seriously thinking about 3->1 (or more) HDMI switching.
    The only time DVI/HDMI won't be appreciably better than component is on CRT based displays. For any type of fixed pixel display you really want a digital connection, and unfortunately most displays these days only have a single DVI or HDMI input.
    Also, with digital signal switching you don't have to worry about signal degredation by going through the reciever or pre/pro. So you can have convenience and quality at the same time.

For my next reciever or pre/pro (which admittedly won't be for awhile) I'd be looking for something on the order of 4->2 HDMI switching, with everything upconverted to HDMI for single-connection ease. I'd also expect it to optionally pull the digital audio off the HDMI cable, so sources could be connected with only a single cable.
    Hopefully that isn't just whishful thinking...

Now back to your regularly schedule programming [​IMG]
    -- Dave

5. David_Rivshin

David_Rivshin Second Unit

OK, now I do have something useful to add [​IMG]
    I got curious so I did alittle looking, and it seems that alot of the new Onkyo's have 3->1 component switching. Specifically Onecall has the TXSR602 listed for $450, and the TXSR702 for $720. You might be able to do even better than that elsewhere, but that's a good starting point (especially with their $25 coupon right now).

-- Dave

6. Chad B

Chad B Stunt Coordinator

The JVC RX-DP20 THX Ultra 2 receiver has 3 component ins and video conversion. It lists for $1700, but I read a post somewhere about someone finding a refurbished unit.

7. Aaron Gilbert

Aaron Gilbert Second Unit

The Kenwood VR-8070 has three component inputs and lists at $600. It's $499 at Crutchfield, about $335 on eBay.

Aaron Gilbert