What's new

Denon DVM-4800 DVD audio player (1 Viewer)

Troy TN

Stunt Coordinator
I read about this new progressive scan dvd video and dvd audio player. It is supposed to be available this month yet I cannot find any online dealers that have it listed for pre-order. I know the suggested retail is $1200.
Has anyone seen one for sale anywhere yet and if not where is a good online dealer that sells Denon dvd players?
This looks like THE dvd player to get with dvd audio bass management and progressive scan scaling.
I found the specs at www.denon.com
Any suggestions for online denon dvd players? I need a dvd player.
------------------

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Troy, Crutchfield just started selling Denon products, and they are taking pre-orders for the DVM-4800. Here is the link:
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...VM4800&o=M&a=0
There is good information there too. Denon does not authorize widespread mail-order sales of its products, so you won't find authorized dealers offering significant discounts like what you see with many other brands. As a result of this, I would wait for a brick and mortar dealer to get the '4800 in so you can see it up close and personal. If you like it, you might be able to get the dealer to come down in price some. Crutchfield doesn't budge on price.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Troy,
I called tech support at Denon California on Friday. I was inquiring about the 2800...whether or not they had be recalled or not, and asked about the 4800. They haven't seen the unit yet, it's still in Japan. He figured that they would see it in 3-4 weeks.
It does look like a good piece, but at $1200...there's sure to be less expensive competition on the horizon that incorporates bass management to the DVD-A signal. More appealing to me is the Burr-Brown DACs all the way around. However, you can get the same DACs on the Denon 3300 (less progressive scan).
I will hold my water on this piece...I jumped on the 2800 bandwagon very early. While I don't regret the purchase of the 2800...I learned my lesson in patience. The Panny RP-91 offers some features that the 2800 lacks, and had I waited...I could've had a unit without the chroma bug for $300 less. I am accustomed to no layer changes anymore, so my new unit down the road will have to have the buffering system that Denon is using. Once you're used to it, there's no going back, IMO :)
Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks