What's new

Denon DVM-1815 Good price? (1 Viewer)

Rick Westfall

Stunt Coordinator
I found a Denon 1815 at Ultimate electronics for $274.99 open box. I didn't know if I got a good price on it. I figure I have 30 days to decide. I found a bunch of online sites that were not authorized by Denon so I don't count those (or the refurbs).

One more quick question. The black level setting on the player...who uses that? It seems like everything goes much darker when you turn it off.

Thanks
Rick

Rick Westfall

Stunt Coordinator
I found a Denon 1815 at Ultimate electronics for $274.99 open box. I didn't know if I got a good price on it. I figure I have 30 days to decide. I found a bunch of online sites that were not authorized by Denon so I don't count those (or the refurbs).

One more quick question. The black level setting on the player...who uses that? It seems like everything goes much darker when you turn it off.

Thanks
Rick

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Ecost is an authorized Denon re-seller of Denon refurbs. They have it for $180. Their return policy for Denon is a pain - you have to have a Denon rep say the unit is defective before Ecost authorizes a return. And you bite the return shipping. I had to return a DVD-910 (basically the single disc version of the DVM-1815) due to a compatibility problem. The return wasn't as hard to do as I expected.

Ecost doesn't exactly have stellar customer service ratings, but they seem to perform OK. Just really nit-picky return policies.

The black level control should be set to the darker level, and then the display calibrated from that.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Ecost is an authorized Denon re-seller of Denon refurbs. They have it for $180. Their return policy for Denon is a pain - you have to have a Denon rep say the unit is defective before Ecost authorizes a return. And you bite the return shipping. I had to return a DVD-910 (basically the single disc version of the DVM-1815) due to a compatibility problem. The return wasn't as hard to do as I expected.

Ecost doesn't exactly have stellar customer service ratings, but they seem to perform OK. Just really nit-picky return policies.

The black level control should be set to the darker level, and then the display calibrated from that.

Rick Westfall

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Dave. I didn't want to do a cost comparison with ecost.com since there is only a 90 day manufacturer warranty on those refurb items compared to the 1 year I have with the open box item.

Thanks for the tip on the black level setting.

Rick

Rick Westfall

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Dave. I didn't want to do a cost comparison with ecost.com since there is only a 90 day manufacturer warranty on those refurb items compared to the 1 year I have with the open box item.

Thanks for the tip on the black level setting.

Rick

Matt_Smi

Second Unit
Real Name
blank
If you don’t want a reburb Crutchfiled actually has that player for $300 which is a decent price.

Rick Westfall

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks all. My price beat the Critchfield price and Overstock is not an authorized dealer, so you void the warranty from Denon.

It's all good.

Rick

Jimi C

Screenwriter
well.. good point.. you can get overstocks 2 year warranty for $29 though and still be in under your price... But.. crap.. oh well, i tried.

Blaine_M

Second Unit
If you look at overstock.com's web site and ecost.com's web site, they sure look similar............

Blaine_M

Second Unit
Yeah, I know, they could just be designed and set up by the same company. It would be interesting to see the actual addresses of the two places.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks