What's new

Denon DVM-1805...MP3 question (also Panasonics) (1 Viewer)

Dan Clark

Stunt Coordinator
A friend of mine just bought a Denon DVM-1805 DVD carousel player. It lists MP3 playback, so I created an MP3 disc of tracks from my own collection. Some of the tracks were 192 CBR (Fraunhofer) and some were VBR (LAME). The CBR tracks play okay while the VBR's don't play at all.

Can anyone verify whether VBR tracks play on Denon's? I'm just wondering if there was something wrong with the encode, or if Denon's playback only supports constant bitrate?

I didn't see any random playback feature either, but then I didn't check the manual. Which DVD players on the market have the best MP3 support? How are the Panasonics? Thanks

Regards, Dan

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
I haven't found a file yet that will trip-up the RP62 and above. The CP67 and CP72 changers will do random play on one disc, or even on all the music discs loaded into the carousel, regardless of MP3, WMA or regular CD Audio.

The RV32 and CV52 are another story. I do have problems with some VBR files on those models.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks