What's new

Denon DVD2900 Bass Management Quandary (1 Viewer)

I must admit that after searching on this topic I'm still a little hazy as to what if any consensus was generated on this topic. Would it be advantageous to use a outboard bass management solution such as the Outlaw ICBM of M&K BMC Mini of LFE-4? The unit would be connected to a Preamp/Processor which does not offer bass management on its multi-channel inputs. The literature for the 2900 states that it offers on board bass management for both SACD and DVD-A, but I would love to hear some real world experience from members using it with and without the outboard solution. Thanks to all.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
The S&V review of the 2900 indicates that BM appears to work for ALL formats, although there are some differences in the slopes between formats.

They feel that those differences are likely not to be audible, and that, while there should be no differences, they are much more liveable than some other players that have more serious errors.

Having said that, an ICBM is a very nice product that will provide a lot of flexibility with BM. I use one with a Pioneer 45A and could not be happier.

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread