What's new

Denon DVD2200 (1 Viewer)

Bob*S

Stunt Coordinator
While shopping yesterday, I listened to some of my CDs on a Denon DVD2900 and noticed that came out of the player extremely warm. Does the Denon 2200 exhibit this same characteristic and should this be an issue of concern?

Thanks,
Bob

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What was the other gear it was connected to? Amp, interconnects, speakers? The Burr-Brown DACs in the 2900 and 2200 are not the same, and I preferred SACD on the 2900 vs the 2200. I did listen to the 2900 with redbook CDs and it sounded just fine to me (B&K ref50 and Vienna Acoustics Motzarts). I don't listen to CDs on my 2200 though.

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
I think he meant PHYSICALLY warm. As in when you take the CD out of the player it is HOT in your hand.

I have not experienced this in a home DVD player. My car CD player will sometimes warm them up but it has amps inside it so I can see where the heat comes from. I have not heard of this problem with other 2200s so maybe it was just this one. Anyone help here?

Bob*S

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks John and Jamie.

Indeed I did mean warm to touch. I noticed this a two different retailers - Good Guys and also Anderson's TV in the SF Bay area. Perhaps, it was just because these players are left on all the time. AT present, I think am more inclined to go with the 2200 unless someone can give me a compelling reason why the 2900 is a must have.

Thanks again for the responses.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Physically warm? No fun. :D Never noticed it with my 2200. Movie discs seem fine even after 2+ hrs of playing.

If you want to do critical listening for Audio, I'd go with the 2900. If not, the 2200 is a solid performer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks