What's new

Denon dvd1600: progressive problem (1 Viewer)

MarlonT

Grip
Hoping someone that have experience on this or the expert would help me here.

I return 2800ii back and took the 1600 home as what I read on most reviews. The difference on two are more, built quality, apperance is favorable on 2800ii. I hook up the optical/component cables, went to adjust set-up and hit play. Sounds are really amazing compare to the other one (my opinion). The pictures are okay but everytiem I switch to progressive signal I get this ghosting image. Manual says that some dvd are like this ??? Am I doing something wrong here?

Also when I perform the speaker test on the set-up/multi. I only get sounds from the front, but all 7 speakers when watching. Something Im missing here?

Thanks everyone for your help.

MarlonT

Grip
It happened on all dvds, switch cables and same thing (connected the component cable to tv) finally gave up and took it back to store. Got a new one and it play okay w/o glitches. Progressive signal is now working but sound is bad. It echos alot on center speaker and I have to crank up the volume more to my listening level. I change the optical cable and still same. What the heck is wrong now? I guess I need to go back to the store again. This is my 3rd unit already and all have their own quirk. Is this quality issues on denon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks