Denon DVD-Audio/SACD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Hugh Scrivener, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Hugh Scrivener

Hugh Scrivener Stunt Coordinator

In the past few months,(have searched, came up empty), it seems to me I clicked a link in these very pages that talked about a DVD-Audio/SACD player that Denon is/was going to un-leash on the masses. If I remember correctly the link took me to a Denon Corp. page. Is this unit available? Anyone got a link? Or am I living in a totally Vanilla Sky?

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Hugh, I have not heard anything yet about a universal player coming from Denon. For now, they have four DVD-Audio players available (DVD-1600, '3800, '9000, and DVM-4800). In addition, Denon recently announced the release of a high-end SACD/CD player, the DCD-SA10. I saw it on Denon's Japanese web site, and I do not know if it will be available in the US. It will retail for 350,000 Yen or about $2860. I started a thread about it about a week ago, so do a search.

3. Tim Schwartz

Tim Schwartz Agent

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Tim, thanks for posting that link. It is very vague with respect to a universal player from Denon, but at least there is a rumble to that effect. [​IMG] As I said, Denon has a new high-end SACD/CD player on its Japanese web site. Presumably, a universal player is not as far along at this point.