Denon DVD-5900 problems

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by NickScott, Sep 4, 2005.

1. NickScott

NickScott Stunt Coordinator

Hello, I have owned this player for about 1.5 years. It has always worked 100% for me. then recently about 1 month ago it started not loading disks. It would read "Loading" then 00h00m00s and thats that. I put my disk cleaner in it, nothing. It wouldnt do it everytime, just every now and then. So I checked the website and noticed an upgrade. So I've done that and it was successful. It worked great for a week or two. Now its worst than ever. I have tried everything and nothing will work. It will not load any format of any disks. I paid top dollar for this machine and I am nervous that I am now out of some serious cash. I have treated the player better than anything else in my home theatre, due to its my prize possession. Any thoughts on this? Please any info for anything would be great. Thanks alot guys.

Scott.

2. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Hopefully I am not telling something you don't already know [​IMG], but no matter what the price of your unit was, Denon simply isn't known for rock solid reliability. I would suggest contacting Denon customer service. For the money you did spend, maybe they'll fix it for free, or give you a deal on another Denon player if you'd want to switch.