What's new

Denon DVD-2900 vs Sony DVP-NS999ES vs Yamaha DVD-S2900mk2 (1 Viewer)

Eric Lo

Agent
My Sony DVP-S7700 has been faithfully working very well for the past 4 years. However, I'm thinking about getting a new progressive scan one that has audio and video quality on par with my 7700. Then I bump into these three new ones:

1. Denon DVD-2900
2. Sony DVP-NS999ES
3. Yamaha DVD-S2300mk2

Would like to see if anyone can provide me any insights of how the three newer ones fare with each other and my 7700 in the areas of audio and video quality. There has been not much review or comments on the Yamaha DVD-S2300mk2. Is it because it still uses a 54MHz/12-bit video DAC? Is it a disadvantage when it compares to Denon's and Sony's? In addition, what are the differences between Yamaha DVD-S2300mk2 and its predecessor DVD-S2300? Any insights will be appreciated!!!

-- Eric :)

Eric Lo

Agent
Sorry, I had a typo in the thread title. I meant to type Yamaha DVD-S2300mk2. Sorry for the confusion. :b

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Can't say anything about the Denon & Sony; however I just got a new Yamaha DVD-S2300 Mk2 last week. I like it, it has a good picture, good sound, and it's pretty easy to use. It matches some of my other Yamaha components very well. Because we have NO AUTHORIZED DEALERS anywhere near here, I had to buy it off the web. Taking a warranty chance I know, but all of my Yamaha stuff has been very reliable.

The remote now has an ON/OFF button for "standby" in addition to the hard ON/OFF on the front of the player.

This unit DOES NOT support CD-Text, no matter what the ads or website say.

The remote should have been slightly larger, and some backlighting would have been greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks