Denon DVD 2900 problem…

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by DaveBarn, Jan 6, 2004.

1. DaveBarn

DaveBarn Extra

I’m posting this question in hopes that somebody can help me out. I’m getting a slight shimmy at the top of the screen when playing DVDs on my 2900. It doesn’t happen constantly, but once about every three DVDs. It eventually goes away, but when it happens it bugs the crap out of me. This DVD player should work flawlessly. I replaced the component cables and have had no luck. Has anybody run into this problem?

Marantz SR7300ose A/V Receiver
    Mitsubishi WS65713 HDTV
    Denon DVD2900 DVD player

2. DaveBarn

DaveBarn Extra

More info; I’m running directly from the DVD player to the TV. The cables are very insulated (Phoenix Gold) and away from electric cords. Could it be the TV somehow? This is the second DVD2900 and the other one did it as well. I was watching it again today and it only seems to happen at the beginning of the movie. Seems like once it warms up its fine and goes away. I have replaced the component cables as well with no luck. I guess I can all Denon tomorrow????

3. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

What do you mean by shimmy? I have always had a slight jitter at the top of the letterbox on my TV. I thought it was the old JVC DVD player, but I still notice it sometimes with my new 2900.

So now I am thinking it is something else. I have a 32" analog JVC TV with a big Paradigm Studio-CC sitting on top, so I thought it might be maganitic interference. I even thought it got worse when I turned the volume up, but then I watched LOTR:TT DTS-ES at -10 on the 3803 and didn't see a thing.

Another suggestion that has been brought up to me is power. I am trying to get ahold of a power conditioner to see if that helps. Try making sure that the TV and DVD player are not on the same power strip as your amp.

I have Monster component cables going directly to the TV. Of course I am running my 2900 4:3 letterbox with the interlaced output.