What's new

Denon DVD-2200 (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Johnny said:

I was just at a Tweeter (DE) to see if they would be getting the 2200 in, they told me they would not, but they would special order it if I wanted one.
Thanks for the info. I live in Delaware, so you just saved me a trip!

Ric,

Thanks for the info. on the DACs. Much appreciated.

All,

I would still be interested to hear if anyone does a side-by-side comparison of the '2200 and '2900 (audio). The '2200 is still my first choice for a DVD-Audio player for my second system, but if there is a significant difference in the audio that I could hear on my mid-range second stereo system, I would certainly consider the '2900.

James Tg

Stunt Coordinator
I am interested in 2200. Does anybody do a side-by-side comparison between 2900 and 2200 so far? Thanks.

chris_clem

Second Unit
Like most of you, I am also eagerly awaiting a side by side comparison of the 2200 and the 2900. However, barring that, does anyone have a link to ANY review of the 2200? It's been out for a bit now right?

I hope this gets settled soon... I really want to buy a new dvd player :D

Chris

James Tg

Stunt Coordinator
Chris:

I talked to the Denon sales representative in CEDIA in Indianapolis, IN last month. As we know, 2900 is an outstanding piece at the $1,000 range. He said the performance 2200 is very close to 2900, and most people cannot tell the difference visually and sonically. If it is the case, 2200 got to be unbelieveable. There is no reasion for a company's sale rep to put the more expensive unit if it is not true.

Like you, I am looking for a universal player, and would like to hear the feedback from this forum. However, it seems like 2200 did not get much attention except the debat on the DAC specs. If any body has the experience, please help us.

James

Jim Rakowiecki

Stunt Coordinator
If most people can't tell the difference they just sold a 2200. I'm sure I can find a way to use the $400.00.
I sure would like to see a review of some kind if anyone can help I know it would be appreciated

Matt_Doug

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought one of these. My previous DVD was a Philips Q50. I have a 32' 4:3 progressive scan display with single progressive scan/hdtv input so a side by side comparison was not possible. FWIW, the 2200 appers to render details more noticeable than the Q50. For example on the opening sequence of AOTC patches of fog are clearly visible moving on still close ups on the 2200, I don't remember such detail on my Q50. Nothing else stood out to me.
For music I mostly use a Denon 370 CD changer over digital coax and MP3 from my iBook via toslink to my 3802. SACD, even over analog 5.1, wins handsdown with respect to detail and soundstage. But the internal DAC's on my 3802 are more dynamic with base even with the bass enhancer and 10db sw boost selected on the 2200. I'm scouring the forums for more tips on how to setup the 2200, But the SACD/DVD-Audio capability plust picture on par and more detailed than my previous DVD player is a deal maker for me.

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
What's "TI DSD1792 Stereo DAC's" and why is everyone talking about it? Does it provide better sound than the 1791 DAC? :frowning: I was thinking about getting this player but if the 2900 is that much better. Only thing keeping me away from the 2900 is that chroma bug everyone mentions. Did they ever fixed that?

Phil VanHelden

Auditioning
I've got a couple of other questions about this player.

Does it have a screen saver?
Will it auto-close the tray on power off?
Will it auto-resume playback on power on?

I saw on the AVSForum that the 2900 doesn't do these things, and I was curious if the 2200 would.

Also, have there been any comparative reviews yet regarding the audio performance, not just guesses based on the DAC selection?

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Ric Schultz or anyone else:

Any comments on using a stock Pio 563A 'versus' the 2200 with Sony's KV-34XBR910 (their new 34" 16:9 direct view)?

-p

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks