What's new

Denon DVD 1910 just release (1 Viewer)

lnguyen

Auditioning
I just talked to Denon customer service. He told me that several places may have that model already and the shippings to other dealer are on the ways. Hope it is a good player.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
September 6. And it should be very good, at least comparable to the Zenith 318, except no upconversion via component.

I would expect the DVI picture on this to be pretty amazing. Probably better than the 318, which is no slouch.

I look forward to hearing from people about this and the 3910.

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit

Eric, excuse my ignorance, but can you explain what you mean about lack of upconversion? Is this a feature that other higher end Denon's have? And even if the 1910 doesn't upconvert the component signal, wouldn't an HDTV upconvert the signal itself if passed via component?

(I have been considering the 1910 myself, but since most TVs still have only one DVI connection, I was considering reserving that for the cable box.)

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik

You'll have a choice to make, otherwise, you might want to consider something like this:

http://www.gefen.com/kvm/product.jsp?prod_id=1208

In a pinch, I'd favor the DVD player myself so you can use the upconversion technology.

Most cable boxes, even for HD, let you do it through component with no worries. This doesn't violate that pissy law like the component upconversion on these DVD players seems to tread into. Hollywood is worried about piracy, and analog is a bigger threat to them. Don't ask me how upconverting DVDs you already own, or in any case, equals to piracy. I have no idea. I think it's very stupid.

You'd be very hard pressed to see any differences between component and DVI HD.

Good luck! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks