What's new

Denon DVD-1600 digital audio question (1 Viewer)

Eric Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all.

I will soon be purchasing the Sony KV-XBR43910 HDTV and wanted a progressive scan DVD player to go with it. After hearing so many raves about the Denon DVD-1600, I'd thought my DVD player choice had been made. Today however I found out about the lack of coaxial out on the player. Currently I have my Toshiba SD-2109 DVD player plugged into my Onkyo HT-R500 receiver via a Monster Coaxial cable. The speakers I'm using are the ones that came with the Onkyo HT-S650 5.1 home theater in a box system (which included the HT-R500).

My question is how much difference in sound quality should I expect if I purchase the Denon DVD-1600 and use a Toslink cable to connect to my receiver's digital out? How much would it depend on the quality of the Toslink cable (and are there any recommendations?)?

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
The difference will probably be inaudible to your ears. You can pick up a nice toslink from bettercables for 60.00 shipped, or an AR Pro from AC4L.com for around 25.00 shipped.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Parts Express sells Dayton brand optical cables for about $10, depending on length.

The build quality is quite good.

I would agree that there should be no difference going from coax to optical.

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks