Denon DVD 1200

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Blaine_M, May 6, 2004.

1. Blaine_M

Blaine_M Second Unit

Is the 1200 any good?

2. Rob Kramer

Rob Kramer Second Unit

Did you give up on the s1500?

3. Blaine_M

Blaine_M Second Unit

Not totally, I still would really like to get the Denon 2900, but it won't be for a while, I was thinking about picking up a refurbed 1200, mainly for the DVD-R playback and some DVD-A playback. My Marantz DVD-4100 is ok, but it is glitchy with a lot of the newer discs that have multiple audio tracks, also not good with switching layers. I kind of decided not to get the refurbed 1200 though. I might just keep my eyes out for a used marantz 4300 possibly to get me through for a while, I think it plays DVD-R's, and hopefully handles layer changes better than my 4100. I'm also debating adding a rear surround channel as well, mine would have to be in the ceiling. Too many things I'd like to do! I think my wife wishes she would not have let me get my new stereo!

4. Don_Berg

Don_Berg Supporting Actor

The Denon DVD-1200 is the same as the DVD-910 with DVD-audio added. If you don't need DVD-audio, save money with the DVD-910, the video section is the same.

5. Blaine_M

Blaine_M Second Unit

I don't need DVD-A, but I want it! [​IMG]

6. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Why not get the 2200 then - refurbs at ecost right now also.

7. Blaine_M

Blaine_M Second Unit

Yeah, it is tempting, but so is the 2815 changer, which has DVD-A. I still have reservations about buying refurbed stuff, if I didn't have those reservations I would have bought it already. Plus I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it for me to save for a while and get the 2900 instead.

8. Blaine_M

Blaine_M Second Unit

Well, since my heart seems to be set on a 2900, I ordered a 910 to get me through until I can get a 2900. Hopefully it plays DVD-R/RW's fine, my Marantz 4100 does not, and hopefully it handles the layer changes way better than my 4100. I'm assuming the DA converters are better in the 910 than in my Marantz 4100 correct? What I'm getting at is once I get my 910 and it works fine, there is no reason for me not to sell my Marantz is there?

9. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

Well if it wasn't any good, they wouldn't sell any of them, and therefore would stop producing them.

To answer your question directly: Yes.

And that applies to the 910 as well.

10. Rob Kramer

Rob Kramer Second Unit

Actually, they will be replaced very soon.