1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

denon digital out

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by tom derby, Jan 15, 2004.

1. tom derby

tom derby Agent

I have a denon 2803 receiver and i am currently trying to hook my minidisc player up to it through the digital out so it can record from the other sources I have, mainly the htpc. Is there anything special i have to do other than just plugging it in? When i try to record the minidisc player say "DIN unlock" Do i have to assign this output or something?

2. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

I think I have read somewhere that you have to use optical inputs 4 or 5.

3. tom derby

tom derby Agent

i have it hooked to the optical out #4

4. BrianWoerndle

Do you have the source hooked up to optical in #4?

5. tom derby

tom derby Agent

No the source is through coaxial cable. If i had to have the source hooked to that input then i would only be able to record from one specific source? I wouldn't be able to record from other sources? that doesn't make sense. i'm really trying to record from my htpc to the minidisc. I have a usb (M-Audio, sonica) device that allows me to output directly to the minidisc player and that works but then i can't hear the music through the reciever. If i could get the pc to allow me to output audio to the receiver and the minidisc player i'd be alright, but i can only make it choose one source to output to. Any way i can record onto the minidisc from the pc without having to choose between the outputs would be great. I wouldn't really mind switching the output source when i want to record but it requires i restart the computer which is a hassle.

6. BrianWoerndle

I know it doesn't make much sense, but I think that is how the 3803 works. Hopefully someone can correct me, because I am not positive. The (horrible) manual doesn't say, but I remember reading a post on a board not to long ago about it.