What's new

Denon DHT-700dv vs. DHT-683dvd (1 Viewer)

Frank S

Grip
I am looking into a home theater system in a box in the $750 range. I found the Denon DHT-700dv and it seemed like what I wanted.(I also see that someone down below on this forum pointed it out.) When I went to the Denon home page to look at information about it, I saw the DHT-683dvd right under it. It seems to me that it was a better system than the 700dv. It has progressive scan, more cable hook-up options and the speakers are more powerful. Then I saw the msrp and it was $950 which is more than the 700dv I found at $750. So I figured that's why it seems better, because it is more expensive. But when i looked up the DHT-683dvd, I found it for $640 while the DHT-700dv on the same site was $750. On other sites they were both $750. The only reason I could figure was because the 700dv was more compact and was only one receiver while the 683dvd is two receivers and is larger(Perhaps the compact design is a premium in home theater systems?). Since I don't care about the size of the unit, is the 683dvd the better product or am I missing something here? The only other thing I could find is the fact that some places highlight that the 700dv has Integrated dv. I have no idea what that is. Is it important? Any help and opinions on these two models would be appreciated as I am obviously no expert in this area.
Here is the site: http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/products.asp?l=2&c=56

Users who are viewing this thread