What's new

Denon DCM-370 or Sony CA80ES (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Which player sounds better?
I will be using this with an Onkyo 575. I am only looking for good sound quality and hoping that their DAC will be an improvement over my receiver's.
The Sony retails for significantly, does it mean it is better?
--
Holadem

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Holadem, I own both and prefer the 'CA80ES. I feel it is a more detailed CD player. The Denon is rather warm for a $250 player, but is a bit muddy compared the Sony. I use the Denon primarily for recording to minidisc and occasionally for HDCD playback.
I hate to make a shameless plug, but I have a 'CA80ES for sale. I already sold one 'CA80ES in my second system, but the one in my main system is available for $200 delivered. It is in perfect condition and comes complete with the original box, manual, and remote. If interested, let me know. You can send me a private message or e-mail me at [email protected].
By the way, the reason I am selling the 'CA80ES even though I like it better than the Denon is because I have a Sony SCD-C333ES SACD/CD changer in the second system and am looking to get a Sony SCD-C555ES SACD/CD for the main system. I'll stick with the Denon for recording to minidisc and for messing around with HDCDs here and there.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
The 80es CD player is exquisite. I own the 7es and really preferred it over the Denon and I expect the 80 to stretch that margin even further.
Holadem, Enjoy your toy if you get it :)

Users who are viewing this thread