Denon DCM-370 or Sony CA80ES

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Holadem, Oct 14, 2001.

1. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Which player sounds better?
    I will be using this with an Onkyo 575. I am only looking for good sound quality and hoping that their DAC will be an improvement over my receiver's.
    The Sony retails for significantly, does it mean it is better?
    --
    Holadem

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Holadem, I own both and prefer the 'CA80ES. I feel it is a more detailed CD player. The Denon is rather warm for a $250 player, but is a bit muddy compared the Sony. I use the Denon primarily for recording to minidisc and occasionally for HDCD playback.
    I hate to make a shameless plug, but I have a 'CA80ES for sale. I already sold one 'CA80ES in my second system, but the one in my main system is available for $200 delivered. It is in perfect condition and comes complete with the original box, manual, and remote. If interested, let me know. You can send me a private message or e-mail me at [email protected]
    By the way, the reason I am selling the 'CA80ES even though I like it better than the Denon is because I have a Sony SCD-C333ES SACD/CD changer in the second system and am looking to get a Sony SCD-C555ES SACD/CD for the main system. I'll stick with the Denon for recording to minidisc and for messing around with HDCDs here and there.
    ------------------
    My:
    HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
    KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

3. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Ya got mail...
    --
    Holadem

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

5. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

The 80es CD player is exquisite. I own the 7es and really preferred it over the Denon and I expect the 80 to stretch that margin even further.
    Holadem, Enjoy your toy if you get it [​IMG]