What's new

Denon Dave? (1 Viewer)

TomH

Second Unit
Todd,
Who is "Denon Dave" and how do you contact him?
I do have a friend who purchased a new, A stock, factory sealed unit on-line that has been denied warranty service.
Tom

James D S

Screenwriter
It won't do you any good to get a hold of Denon Dave as he no longer works at Denon.
Although I am curious, was he a casualty of the DVD-2800 debacle?
confused.gif

EddieN

Agent
I think he's referring to the "DenonDave" from the AVS Forum. His info is David Birch-Jones, Marketing Manager, Denon Electronics, you could try sending him a private message through AVS Forumhttp://www.avsforum.com/ubbcgi/ubbmi...Name=DenonDave or search the special guest section for his contact info, it's somewhere in there.
------------------
- Eddie

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
What Eddie said. He was the Marketing guy for Denon. I had heard he quit, and then later, that he had not.
Not sure of his status, though.
It would be a damn shame for them to lose him, IMO. A direct link to the company that is straightforward with the Internet crowd- that can't be a bad thing.
Todd

JohanK

Second Unit
I also heard he isn't at Denon anymore...anybody know for sure?
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/equipment/28687.html
Link Removed

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Denon Dave is in fact still with Denon.
I was surprised to see last month in a magazine (whichever one reviewed the Denon 3801), Denon Dave wrote a response to the magazine thanking them for the favorable review.
I can't remember which magazine, but I believe it was a June issue....which was long past when he left the on-line world.
So to my knowledge, yes he is still there Johan
Jeremy

JohanK

Second Unit
Thanx Jeremy...BTW, the mag was the July/Aug TPV.
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/equipment/28687.html
Link Removed

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
It is important to note that there's a 2-3 month lag time on magazines so Denon Dave could in fact be "formerly with Denon" and still have the commentary printed in a magazine.
I personally don't know his status....
Regards,
------------------
John Kotches
Contributing Writer
Link Removed

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Well, Hell, let's find out for sure :)
I'll call Denon east coast tomorrow morning (it's too late right now). And we'll know for sure.
Jeremy

Jeff Hipps

Stunt Coordinator
The last time I talked to Stephen Baker, David Birch-Jones was no longer working at Denon. I believe he was a casualty of a corporate reorganization.
Jeff Hipps

Carol Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking of Denon, anyone think they will go the Yamaha route of having 2 different model numbers for the same receiver now that discount houses like WAL-MART have them or do you think they will just come out with a cheaper line for the discount houses?

Nicholas A. Gallegos

Stunt Coordinator
I do have a friend who purchased a new, A stock, factory sealed unit on-line that has been denied warranty service.
He did purchase the receiver from an authorized Denon dealer? Denon has a very strict warranty policy on their products, which will basically deny warranty service to someone who didn't purchase one of their products through a dealer who is certified to sell it.
------------------

TomH

Second Unit
Nicholas,
Actually, warranty coverage is the issue that caused me to ask about "Denon Dave". Below is a quote from the "Denon at Walmart" thread.
__________________________________________________ _________
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
denon does not authorize walmart to sell on-line ,so no warranty is conveyed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is NOT what Denon Dave had to say about this.
Basically, his take was that if the goods were not meant to be sold in the American market, THEN no warranty. But, if you are buying A-stock, new goods, regardless of who you get it from, you get the warranty.
I tend to believe what I hear from the "horse's mouth."
__________________________________________________ _________
I really hope that Denon is finally backing their products considering that most of them are not sold through "authorized dealers"
Tom

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of Denon, anyone think they will go the Yamaha route of having 2 different model numbers for the same receiver now that discount houses like WAL-MART have them or do you think they will just come out with a cheaper line for the discount houses?
They've been doing this for quite some time.
Example: About 2 years ago, when the AVR-2700 was out, its equivalent, but rebadged, "AVR-95" was sold through places like Sears.
The higher end- 3802, 4800, 5800 have no "chain" equivalent.
I'm not sure Denon will be with Wal-Mart for any length of time, other than this one time "blowout" special to make room for new product. Denon has strong brand recognition, and a very good long term reputation with audio enthusiasts. To line up their equipment next to the likes of Yorx, Oritron, and Audiovox at Wal-Mart would be a serious marketing Faux pas, IMO.
Hell, even Bose knows better than that! :)
Todd

GregoriusM

Second Unit
Well, no reply from my email to "Denon Dave".
------------------
.... "just me up on my pony on my boat".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks