What's new

Denon Colors (1 Viewer)

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
At the store, I found the Denon's were ugly. A gold-brown color. (I know there's a name) I'm on the site right now and the pic of the 2802 it black. Looks nice;)
So do they come in other colors?

DanielSmi

Second Unit
I think that is for the non-american versions. Same thing with their dvd players and the Pioneer VSA AX-10 receivers they all come in that ugly gold color. I couldn't imagine my 49tx in that color I probably wouldn't have bought it if did look like that. You will probably have to buy an american version if you want it in black actually it's kindof charcoal colored now that I think about it.

Daniel Smith

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
I love Denon equipment but hold the view that their stuff is just ugly and no amount of paint will help.

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
The same reason they are ugly everywhere else. Maybe ugly is too strong an adjective, let me say that the styling is bland and uninspiring. The finish does not change my opinion.

For the record, I currently own ugly Denon product.

Willem Vos

Stunt Coordinator
I actually really like the denon styling.
It's a matter of taste, guys.

My opinion:
If you want ugly, look no further than: Kenwood receivers

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
Yes, sound is more important. Does not mean looks don't matter. I mean, if I want a Denon because of the sound, as long as it's not pink, I will buy is.

Onkyo, HK, even "Technics Pure sound" stuff looks great.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Chip, so you find that the '5803 looks great. Big deal! The sound is the problem. Just kidding. ;)

DanielSmi

Second Unit
I'm not saying that the black Denon's are ugly just that the european versions also Including Pioneer have an ugly "Champaign" color that clashes with everything else in your system, and a lot of times I hear european asking how they can get their product in black instead of Champaign. I think my 49tx is ugly in Champaign.
Here's some links so you can see what I'm talking about they're also good forums for these products too
Pioneer Vsx-49tx:
Link Removed
Denon 5803:
Link Removed
Denon DVD-9000:
Link Removed
Actually I think the Denons in Champaign look better than the Pioneers in Champaign. But in black I think the Pioneer takes the cake with it's glossy finish, you can actually see your reflection in it.
Daniel Smith

Spero D

Second Unit
The Denon's available abroad are more a Gold color. I should know as I own the A1SE. I also have had black Pioneer & Yamaha AV-Amplifiers & Receivers until I had the choice when I moved to Denon. Now I love the Gold color and wouldn't go back. I also don't consider the Denon A1SE/R or 5800/3 in either Black or Gold ugly, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;) But as has been mentioned above it is the sound that matters in the end :)
Spero D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks