What's new

Denon AVR587 - Optical Cable (1 Viewer)

lokeshrn

Auditioning
Real Name
Lokesh Kumar
Hi,

I just bought a Denon AVR587 receiver, I want to connect Optical Audio with my Philips Progressive Scan DVD player so I bought a Monster Fiber Optic cable, please help me in connecting this cable with my DVD player to Denon AV Receiver.

On Denon AV receiver I find two inputs one tells with the name OPT1 and the other with COAX1 and on my DVD player it says OPT.

Can any one of you guys help me in connecting this cable.

Thanks,
Lokesh Kumar.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
You connect one end of cable to "OPT" on dvd player, and the other end of cable to "OPT 1", on receiver. Because of the shape of the connectors on the ends of the cable, it will only fit in the holes, one way.If it doesn't slide in the hole, the way you're trying, turn it a quarter turn each time, until it fits. You should hear a little snap noise, when it's in all the way.

You may have to go into the receiver's setup menus, and assign the OPT 1 input, to DVD. You will have to check the owner's manual, to see how to do this. It's not hard to do.......

You'll probably need to use a yellow composite video cable, or an s-video cable, from the "Monitor Out" on receiver, to the tv, for using the OSD (on screen display), so you can see what you're doing, in the menus.

You'll also probably need to go into the dvd player's setup menus, and set the audio output to "Bitstream" or "Raw" (depending on it's wording), and possibly turn "ON" the DTS, if that's a separate setting. In most players, setting to Bitstream will enable Dolby Digital and DTS.

I hope this helped. Good luck with your new receiver. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks