What's new

Denon AVR4802R or ?? Please Help ! (1 Viewer)

Suren

Auditioning
Hi,
I've been trying to decide on a receiver for my HT (Movies and Music). I have a set of Paradigm Reference(studio 100s,studio cc & servo 15...etc ) series speaker setup. I'm thinking of getting the Denon avr4802R, am I going over board on the receiver ? On the other hand I don't want to spend more than $1200 if I don't have to... I was even thinking about the HK AVR7200.

Can someone please help me out here, all suggestions and comments are appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Suren

Auditioning
Since I don't get any response from anyone, may be I should ask this...

Does anyone has Paradigm Reference series speakers for their HT system ?

Which Receiver would you recomend for a price limit of $1200 ?

thanks.

itai

Stunt Coordinator
with these speakers, a 4802 is the least you can use.
i mean, these are big, quality speakers, that deserve good amplification.
1200 seems low for 4802, no?
btw, my 3802 is doing a good job driving studio's 60's.

Ted Pugh

Stunt Coordinator
Suren,

The 4802R is a quality receive which will give you great sound at a pretty good price. I have owned the 4802 for 2 years now and it runs and sounds great. I upgraded the amplification to a B&K 200.5 which opened up the Denon evenmore. Hope this helps.

Ted

Jason Brent

Second Unit
I think in the end, you'll probably end up with seperate amplification for your speakers...the 100's especially.

Keeping that in mind, I think either one of those receivers will be OK for your setup.

Percell

Grip
Suren,
I'm sorry that I read your post late, but I do have the 4802r as well. Before I tell you what I think about this piece of equipment, let me just say that any receiver is the key to a great HT sound. The 4802r is a GREAT receiver. I have it for about six months and I am not sorry that I have bought it. My speakers are the B&W 603 series and they really don't need a sub especially when I am playing SACDs. I have demo the Denon many times and my freinds are impressed as well. Good luck!

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
I have the 3803 with Paradigm Reference speakers, but I do power the front three with Parasound Amps... One HCA 1500 2 x 200 watts, and one Monoblock 150 Watts for the Studio CC...

The preamp section on the 3803 sonically sounds fabulous to my ears...

Suren

Auditioning
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I think getting the 4802R would be ideal and could add additional power amp later on.

Does anyone know that denon will be coming out with a newer version of the 4802r soon ? I've started seeing the avr1804.... I wish they could come up with the next generation with the video switching between component and composite.

Does anyone know any good e-tailer with good prices on denon ? I think I have move my budget to $1600 to get the 4802R.

thanks.

Ted Pugh

Stunt Coordinator
Suren,

I believe Denon will be coming out with the 4804 starting in late Jan. or Feb. of 04. I am sure they have taken care of the video switching and probably the bandwidth to match the 5803 or at least the 3803. Hope this helps.

Suren

Auditioning
Thank you all for your help.

Now I'm off to finding a good deal on a 4802r. Anyone has any suggestions ?? any good places online that you'd good experiense with ?

thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks