1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Denon AVR4802 vs. Integra DTR 7.2?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daryl L, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Daryl L

Daryl L Supporting Actor

I have been using the H/K AVR80MKII THX receiver coupled with the Technic DD/DTS decoder and a Rocktron Circle Surround Decoder for the past few years. Now the Technic decoder is having audio drop outs now. So I'm ready to upgrade between next week and mid February.

I had made up my mind to buy the H/K AVR520. But then I started reading the .pdf manual for the Denon AVR4802 and have decided to get it. Now yesterday I got interested in the Integra DTR 7.2 or maybe even the DTR 8.2.

I've nevered had any experience with Denon or Integra(Onkyo brand yet not Onkyo) and am unfamiliar with their performance, materials quality or setup flexibility. I could use some insight on these 3 catagories between these to brands or even these models. For the following usage (75% Movie, 25% Music). Any input is appreciated.

Build Quality of the Componants Materials

Setup Flexibility

Sonic Performance

P.S. The price of the H/K AVR520 was my lowest expected price I had allocated and the Denon AVR4802 and the Integra DTR 8.2 is at my maximum spending limit(retail not MSRP)

2. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

3. Daryl L

Daryl L Supporting Actor

Chip E,
    Thanks, I had already read that review. I bhad made my mind up to get vthe Denon 4802 untill I read hhis opinion of the amp section which made me kinda unsettled about its performance.
    Also I have no need for multizone capability(not even in the future). Also the remotes are of no concern, I've been using a Pronto since they first came out.
    So really the features flexibilty and build quality is my main factors(ofcourse everyone wants to save on cost). I do love the look of the Integra over the equivilant Onkyo's and figured Integra was made from better materials than Onkyo. One downside to the Integra's is no Crossover adjustments, their fixed at 80hz.
    I found a nearby Authorized Integra dealer that will let me have the Integra DTR 7.2 for $999+tax(thats about a 17% mark down from MSRP) + $22 to ship(yes I phone him my order and he'll ship it and warranty will be honored) it's totalling $1086.xx which is much cheaper than the Denon 4802. I'm not sure if thats a fair price for this receiver or not.(waiting on a person to contact me about a Denon 4802 price).
    I'm just looking for multiple opinions on their quality and flexibility. I guess when we are purchasing our equipment we all look for some reassurance of or decisions. [​IMG]

4. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

Well, i can tell you that the Denon 4802 will cost you a lot more money! BTW, i just bought an Integra 6.2 for a small bedroom rig i'm throwing together... nice receiver.

5. Daryl L

Daryl L Supporting Actor

HEHE, the DTR 6.2 huh? Very Kewl. I could be satisfied with the 6.2 maybe but I need a minimum of 3 Coaxial Digital Inputs.