Denon Avr4802 HK AVR 8000

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Weldy, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Matt Weldy

Matt Weldy Second Unit

I am thinking of purchasing either the denon avr4802 or the HK AVR 8000. Why I am not sure, probably because they have all the bells and whistles. The denon has a built in 7 channel. And the HK requires a extra amp.

1st question if I buy the HK can I use my old sony DTS reciever for the juice for the extra chanels for the time being.

2nd is there a model around 1000 that basically does all this junk with making resonable sacrifices (That I probably wont even notice)

3rd am I just crazy wanting a reciever this expensive.

4th I am kinda considering the sony dav5es (I think thats the model number)

I guess what I really want is someone just to tell me what to do. I could get the sony tomorrow becasue its cheaper by about 1000.00. Or I need to wait for these 2g plus machines. Let me know if it would be worth the wait.

Thanks

Matt

2. Matt Weldy

Matt Weldy Second Unit

so what you are saying is that the 520 is set when they come out with discrete. I wont have to buy anything else.

3. Angelo_Petralba

Angelo_Petralba Second Unit

Matt

To answer your question about the Format DD_EX for the HK 520 is that it does not do DD-EX. But your original post was for the AVR 8000 does have Surround EX and THX certified.