What's new

Denon AVR4802: dramatic improvement in 3D sound (1 Viewer)

I had read numerous positive reviews on audioreview.com about the Denon AVR-4802 before I purchased one. Many of them raved about the improved 'sound imaging' of the Denon when compared to their former receiver or amplifier. When I got the Denon I hooked it up to 7 speaker + subwoofer system (which was +2 speakers from my 5 speaker + subwoofer sysem). I noticed an immediate huge difference in the sound dispersion on movie soundtracks. In Lord of the Rings there is a knock on the door of Bilbo's hobbit hole in the first Shire segment and it with the Denon I almost got up to answer MY front door. There was a big difference, quite noticeable between this new setup and my old Sony DA555ES receiver. Is it the Denon or the two additional speakers?

One thing is certain: the Denon sounds noticeably better a number of ways. Stereo listening is fantastic. Kind of like my old NAD receiver but with a lot more power (125 watts x 7).

Yogi

Screenwriter
I have the 4802's little brother the 3802 and it rocks on HT. I can imagine the 4802 would only be better. Congrats on your new toy:emoji_thumbsup:

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
Congrats on getting the 4802 it's a great receiver. It does a solid job with movie soundtracks, but it is prolly the two additional speakers for surround back. I think that makes a big difference, in my opinion. Especially in movies like TPM, in the big battle scene at the end with the Gungans and Droids. You hear things going from left surround to center surround back to right surround. I think it makes a better transition than just going from left to right surround.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks