1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Denon AVR3802 or Onkyo TX-DS787?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Reyes, Aug 20, 2001.

1. James Reyes

James Reyes Stunt Coordinator

I am pulling my hair out trying to decide. Based on your experience what would be best? This is for an apartment first, but will be in a house next year.

2. DAN NEIR

DAN NEIR Guest

I have the 3802.
    The 787 has thx-ex = dolby digital6.1 matrixed, dts-es matrixed, dolby d. and dts.
    The 3802 has dolby digital 6.1 matrixed(they didn't waste time on thx certification), dolby prologic 2, dts-es matrixed, dts-es discrete,dts neo, dolby d. and dts.
    I think the 3802 is the only way to go, but if you like onkyo I believe they are coming out w/ a 797 that will have all the things the 3802 has.

3. GregoriusM

GregoriusM Second Unit

Yes, they ARE coming out with a 797. If you do a search for 797 on this site, there is a thread that has a link to Onkyo's press release on the 797 and other products coming out soon.
    ------------------
    .... "just me up on my pony on my boat".

4. Eugene Hsieh

Eugene Hsieh Supporting Actor

I know Kenwood isn't a popular brand for many, but has anyone looked at their Sovereign 5080 or 5090? It's on my list, vs. the 3802 (which currently doesn't exist in Canada).
    ------------------
    Eugene Hsieh, VisorCentral FAQ Editor
    1000 km on a tank of gas??? Check out the Prius and drive the future now!