What's new

Denon AVR3802 6.1 settings (1 Viewer)

Malcolm Plumb

Auditioning
When setting up the SB Channel auto flag detect option in the set up menu which is the best setting to use?

I have it set it to On at the moment which then outputs to the back channels fine with DTS ES encoded discs but when DD EX discs such as StarWars are used no sound can be heard.

Setting it up to Off seems to use all rear back channels regardless off the encoded track.

Any ideas which is best.

Malcolm

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
I've been bad and have not tried the EX mode yet.

You can use the button on the rcvr to turn on the rear speakers. Also the manual says to leave it in the off position. This is evidently the normal position for ex. On for 6.1 discrete.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
You can use the button on the rcvr to turn on the rear speakers. Also the manual says to leave it in the off position. This is evidently the normal position for ex. On for 6.1 discrete
Not exactly!

When you leave it off the receiver still reckognise the flag on any DD or DTS disc regardles if it's Discrete or matrix,however it won't activate the speakers themselves.

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Ok, I was just repeating the manual which sucks. I did what the manual told me to do and I have no problems. And you can manually turn on the rear speakers. I can't remember if its the surround button or the 6.1/7.1 button on the front of the rcvr. But it works! Try it!:D

Jeff_Hunt

Stunt Coordinator
On the 3801 its:

DTS-ES/6.1 Source Auto -> ON

Non-Flag Source Output -> 7ch

Then turn it on/off with the remote when you watch a 6.1 movie.

You have to do this because, as far as I know, none of the current DD EX movies are flagged properly.

Javier_V

Auditioning
Jeff, I agree. I have Star Wars and The Perfect Storm (both DD EX) and Close Encounters (DTS ES Matrix). None of them light up this "SB CH Output" when I set this Auto Flag Detect Mode "ON".

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
The Auto flag is off on my 3801 and on Atlantis CE and JP3,the light [signal detect]comes on.

The above mentioned movies mentioned by Javier don't have flags!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks