Denon AVR-xx01/02 receiver problems!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike_Ch, Dec 5, 2001.

1. Mike_Ch

Mike_Ch Stunt Coordinator

To all Denon owners,

I've got a Denon AVR-2801 receiver which I've had for about 10 months. Recently, I used the analog outs of my DVD player connected to the CD input of the receiver. However, I noticed that when I select any analog input, in any mode (DIRECT etc.), and turn up the volume to maximum, I can hear any other source connected to an analog input that is currently outputting a signal. That is, if I have the the TV on for example, and select VCR-1, or CD input etc, I can hear sounds from the TV coming from the speakers even though I haven't selected the TV input. The sound is not loud, and I can hear it only when I have my ear against the speaker, but its enough to have me worrying. Does anyone else with a Denon receiver have this problem (leakage across inputs)? I am thinking that the Denon uses a MUTE circuit which doesn't completely block off signals from other inputs. Or is mine a dud? The warranty expires in 2 months!

Mike

2. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Mike: Most gear can and often does suffer from what you've noticed. When you think about all of the "stuff" (AM/FM tuner, phono section, video processing, etc.) crammed into a box the size of a typical receiver, it's a miracle they work as well as they do. There is only so much physical distance and shielding any maker can put in.

What you're noticing is indeed leakage or channel to channel crosstalk. But, if you think about it, your describing a situation that will never happen in ANY listening you'll ever do. If you must turn the unit to maximum volume, and then put your ear directly against the speaker to hear it???

IMO, everything is fine. Enjoy a great receiver...

3. PeteD

PeteD Stunt Coordinator

I have the 1801 and haven't noticed the problems you're describing. You don't have the Tape Mon button depressed do you?

I'll crank mine tonight and let you know if I hear the cross talk.