What's new

Denon AVR X6200W keeps restarting (1 Viewer)

keashdoc

Auditioning
Real Name
Kris
Hi

I have a Denor X6200W receiver. Starting 2 days ago, it turns off shows the display briefly and then the relay clicks off and the receiver restarts. It does this continuously. Has anyone run into this issue and found a solution?

Thanks

Kris

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The first thing to do is disconnect the power for at least an hour, then plug it back in and see if it continues. If it does, I’d disconnect all the speakers and do it again with them disconnected.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Agreed. That would be the next step, if the stuff I suggested doesn’t do it.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No help here other than I had a MUCH OLDER Denon 5800 (2000 or 2001) behemoth that started doing that in 2018 (posted in this thread somewhere) and nothing worked. I found a few other posts about the 5800 and it's children and grandchildren through 2010 models doing similar things and almost all were terminal events even for those that opted to get Denon Techs to work on/'fix' (temporarily). After 17 years it wasn't a terrible blow since that unit was several techs behind. It is interesting looking at the face and rear panel of the 6200 and seeing so much of a resemblance to that 5800.

I hope you find something relatively simple that can be reversed.

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
...following up on David's comment. My gut feeling is that the unit is toast. No reason not to try free fixes, just in case.

Tim Hess

Second Unit
Did you adjust and of the CEC settings?

I just switched back to a Denon and forgot that they will click right back on if they don't like other devices CEC (in my case my Vizio and s760H don't play nice).

keashdoc

Auditioning
Real Name
Kris
I tried everything but nothing worked. I ended up buying a new Onkyo unit. I will say that I will never buy another Denon unit again. Their support is non-existent and I have had friends that have not had good experiences with Denon in general in terms of poor quality. I have had another Yamaha unit for 15 years with ZERO issues. I appreciate all the advise guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks