What's new

Denon AVR-S930H Temperature (1 Viewer)

sasschary

Auditioning
Real Name
Zachary
Hi y'all,

So, I just got a new surround sound system. The sub has not yet arrived so it's really only a 7.0 system right now, but come Monday it will be 7.1. Anyway, the receiver I have (Denon AVR-S930H) seems to be getting pretty hot during use. It's not so hot as to not be able to touch it, however, it is still quite warm. How hot should the system get during use?

Except for potentially the rear surround speakers, I know for sure that all of my speakers are 8-ohm impedance. My rear surround speakers are speakers which I have had for a while now and which I got for free, so I do not know a whole lot about them, to be honest. There is no indication on them as to what their impedance is. However, the amplifier they came with (Hitachi HTA-3F) I believe only supports 8-ohm speakers.

So anyway, yeah. How warm should my receiver get while I'm using it?

Thanks,
Zach

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
If you have the receiver in an enclosed cabinet, or have another piece of gear sitting on top of it, or have it in a tight space with only a couple inches open above it, the receiver will run warm. You might benefit from a fan-cooling component like AC Infinity. I’ve seen many positive comments about it on other Forums.

https://www.acinfinity.com/receiver-amp-cooling-fans/

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
As Wayne suggests, an enclosed cabinet without proper ventilation and air flow will cause the receiver to run hot. Also, most newer Denon receivers have an ECO mode. If you turn that option on, the receiver should run much cooler. I have it turned on for my Denon X3300, and it runs noticeably cooler with no drop in performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks