What's new

Denon AVR 881 (1 Viewer)

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
Does anyone have this receiver?
Im looking to buy a new one and a guy here in my hometown has it for $300. Is this a good deal, or should i look elsewhere?
Thanks for the help.

Steve T

Stunt Coordinator
I have the AVR-1801, which I think is the same thing (the 881 is the model the big chain stores carry). Who is the guy that has this for sell? Is he an authorized dealer? If this person is not an authorized dealer Denon may not honor the warranty (there has been much discussion about the legal side of this issue, but the Denon website does have a warning about it).
Aside from the warranty issue, the Denon AVR-1801/881 is a fine receiver. If you can get a brand new one for $300.00 you might think about looking the other way regarding the warranty issue. Is the unit brand new or used? You may even be getting a good deal getting it used at that price if the unit is in good condition. If you listen to music as much or more than watching movies, the 1801/881 sounds O.K., but it has preamp outputs for the front L/R and center channels, so you can add external amplification later if you wish.
Overall it's a good receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks